Pine River Heritage Society Museum
90 West Mill Street
H.C. Schroder bought this property at the end of 1899, and by 1900-1901 he had constructed a flour mill and retail store on the property; it is likely
that he built this house at the same time. The Beach family owned this house from June 1925 until September 1956. In the early 1930's, owner Bert Beach became acquainted
with a mason named Frank Morris, who Bert hired to add cobblestone to the front porch; this enhancement remains intact.
All Photos 1 August 2010
(Click Photo to Zoom)
Bayfield Historic Walking Tour
While driving through Bayfield on our way from Santa Fe to Durango, we discovered that Bayfield had recently created a self-guided
walking tour with interpretive placards which noted that:
Bayfield's Historic Walking Tour is intended as a self-guided tour using the Historic Tour Brochure, available at the Pine River Heritage
Society Museum, Bayfield Town Hall and other local establishments.
We were unable to visit all of the sites on this trip, but we plan to visit them in the future.