National Register of Historic Places in La Plata County
Extensively ornamented with terra cotta, high artistic values are embodied in this three-story, buff brick building. Constructed in 1917, it served as the city's only high school until 1976.
Designed by the Colorado Springs architectural firm of Thomas MacLaren and Charles Thomas, the Classical Revival style building is the only collaborative effort in Durango by these two important architects.
Quoted from the History Colorado website.