National Register of Historic Places in Calaveras County
From its construction in 1861 until the copper boom ended in 1867, Reed's Store was the pre-eminent merchandising establishment in Copperopolis. It was the only two-story brick building ever constructed in the community, and the grandest.
There were only seven brick buildings in Copperopolis: Reed's General Merchandise Store; Raffo Bros., A. Fontana, and Honigsberger General Stores; Dougherty's Saloon; the Copperopolis Armory; and the Congregational Church, all built in the early 1860s. Only four are extant today: the Armory, the Congregational Church, Reed's Store and Honigsberger's Store.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination.