California Historical Landmarks in Calaveras County
California Historical Landmark 258
SR 49 Near Fourth Crossing Road
Located on the Stockton-Murphys Road at the fourth crossing of the Calaveras River, this early mining settlement, once called Foremans, was famous in the 1850's for its rich placer ores. Later, it became an important stage and freighting depot and served the southern mines until after the turn of the century.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 258
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Calaveras County Historical Society, October 23, 1965.