Butte County Points of Interest
The plaque reads:
Old Paradise Depot
Constructed in 1903, this depot is one of three maintained along the Butte County Railroad, a 31 mile line from Chico to Stirling City, completed by Diamond Match Co. in 1904. The railroad was later acquired by Southern Pacific and operated as a spur until the rails were removed in 1979. Prior to construction of the depot, "Old" Paradise was located near Leonard's Mill at the intersection of Clark and Elliot Rds. With the coming of iron rails the "New Town" of Paradise began to grow and today is one of Butte County's three largest cities.
California Point of Historical Interest No. But. 011
Dedicated April 24, 1982
Plaque placed by E Clampus Vitus,
Pair-O-Dice Chapter 7-11 in cooperation with
Native Daughters of the Golden West,
Centennial Chapter No. 295, and
Paradise Visitors Bureau.