National Register of Historic Places in Alameda County
Hagemann Ranch, one of the first ranches established after the 1869 break up of Rancho el Valle de San Jose, was a working ranch from 1870 to 1962. The historic buildings supported agricultural pursuits common in the Livermore Valley: cattle grazing; horse raising; production of wheat, hay, orchards and vines.
The Hagemann Ranch Historic District embodies the distinctive characteristics of vernacular ranch buildings that dotted the landscape of Livermore Valley in the last half of the 19th century and early 20th century.
Livermore's population quadrupled in the 1950s, spurred by the growth of major research facilities including the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory. Agriculture gave way to suburban home development.
Adapted from the NRHP nomination dated November 1981.
The City of Livermore purchased Hagemann Ranch in 2010.
|Name||Year||Address||Remarks||Sort Address||Sort Name|
|Farmhouse||1870||Building 1||Constructed in several phases between 1870 and 1920.||b01||Farmhouse|
|Milk House and Wash House||1870||Building 2||b02||Milk House and Wash House|
|Horser Barn||1870||Building 3||b03||Horser Barn|
|Cow Barn||1870||Building 4||b04||Cow Barn|
|Chicken Coop #1||1896||Building 5||b05||Chicken Coop #1|
|Blacksmith Shop||1896||Building 6||b06||Blacksmith Shop|
|Pump House and Windmill||1920||Building 9||b09||Pump House and Windmill|
|Equipment Shed||1925||Building 10||b10||Equipment Shed|
|Chicken Coop #2||1930||Building 11||b11||Chicken Coop #2|