National Register of Historic Places in Alameda County
The building was constructed in 1918 for use by Remar Company as a bakery. Over the years it has also been occupied by the Continental Baking Company, Interstate Brands Corporation and the San Francisco Herb and Natural Food Company.
Beginning in 1998, a new owner converted the building into Remar Bakery Lofts, fifty-seven live-work units. The conversion plans were approved by the California State Historic Preservation Office, and the developer was successful in having the building placed on the National Register.
A win-win for development and preservation.