National Register of Historic Places in Alameda County
This building was the 13th branch of the Bank of Italy which had its headquarters in San Francisco.
Designed by Edward T. Foulkes, the building is architecturally significant as an early 20th century Second Renaissance Revival bank building and is an excellent example of the Neoclassical architecture which embellished California's early 20th century townscape.
From 1957 to 1978, the building was City of Livermore's City Hall.
Source: Adapted from the NRHP nomination.
When we photographed the building in December of 2015, it was home to The Independent newspaper which Serves Dublin, Livermore, Pleasanton and Sunol.