California Historical Landmarks in Alameda County
California Historical Landmark 46
Vallejo Flour Mill
Niles Canyon Road and Mission Boulevard In Vallejo Mill Historical Park
In 1856, José de Jesús Vallejo, brother of General M. G. Vallejo, built a flour mill here, on his Rancho Arroyo de la Alameda. Niles was once called 'Vallejo Mills.' The stone aqueduct built to carry water for the mill parallels Niles Canyon Road.
Citation from California Office of Historic Preservation