National Register of Historic Places in Borough of Sitka
The Alaska Native Brotherhood was founded in 1912 by the Tlingits to fight discrimination by resturants and movie houses.
Sitka Camp No. 1, is the original local chapter of this pan-Alaska native organization that, for most of the first half of the twentieth century, was the only such group representing Alaska's natives. The Sitka ANB Hall is the headquarters of this camp and its counterpart in the Alaska Native Sisterhood.
Source: Excerpted from the NRHP nomination submitted in 1972.
The Alaska Native Brotherhood Hall is a National Historic Landmark.