National Register of Historic Places in The City and Borough of Juneau
The following narrative is paraphrased from the National Register Nomination for the Frances House.
Postmaster Jerry Eicherly, built the Frances House in 1898, eighteen years after the discovery of gold in Juneau. When Juneau condemned the house in 1927 to make way for the Capital School, Frances Davis purchased it, and her sons moved it fifty feet to its current location.
The Frances House is an outstanding example of late nineteenth century domestic vernacular architecture located in a historic residential neighborhood where many of Juneau's prominent early pioneers built their homes.
The relationship of house to street is uniquely adapted to Juneau's topography.