(Sugar Loaf House)
This was the site of Webster's Sugar Loaf House, well-known stopping place during the Comstock rush. Beginning in April 1860, it was used
as a remount station of the Central Overland Pony Express. In 1861 it became a horse change station for pioneer stage companys [sic] and
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 706
Plaque placed by the California State Park Commission in cooperation with the Highway 50 Association and the
Central Overland Pony Express Trail Association, April 3, 1960.