Tehama County Points of Interest
A marker on the front of the building reads:
Built on this site in 1882, the Miners Inn was the first hotel in Corning. It was purchased by Gustavas Liersch in 1884 & burned to the ground 15 years later, as did the rest of Corning in the Great Fire of July 5th, 1899.
It was then rebuilt by Gus Liersch the following year of 1900. It was once again rebuilt and modernized in 1927 by Otto Liersch. California Miners traveling by rail to the Gold Fields of Weaverville and French Gulch most often stayed at this hotel as it often provided well furnished rooms with the best of attendants at the rate of one or two dollars a day and offered meals at all hours, with the finest ingredients the markets had to offer.
Transport to and from the Train Station was provided to it's [sic] patrons free of charge.
Plaqued April 28, 2007 by Lassen Loomis Chapter 1914 of E Clampus Vitus