First Seat of Tehama County Government
Tehama County's Board of Supervisors and other county officials first met in rented rooms in the
Union Hotel, later called Heider House. The county seat remained here from May 1856 to March 1857,
when it was moved to Red Bluff. The Heider House was destroyed by fire in 1908. This property is part
of original land grant to Robert Hasty Thomes, 1844.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 183
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with Pair-o-Dice
Chapter #7-11 and Trinitarianus Chapter #62, E Clampus Vitus, June 6, 1981.