National Register of Historic Places in San Francisco
This Classical Revival building was originally constructed in 1881 but was remodeled twice by Willis Polk between 1905 and 1909 after being damaged by the earthquake and two fires. It served as an energy utilities substation until 1924.
Construction has begun on the Jewish Museum of San Francisco which will incorporate the brick facade into a design by Daniel Liebeskind. The museum is scheduled to open in 2005.