The Applegate-Lassen Trail
This spot marks the convergence of two pioneer trails widely used by emigrants during the years 1846-1850. The
Applegate Trail, established in 1846, led from the Humboldt River in Nevada to the Willamette Valley in Oregon.
The Lassen Cut-Off, established by Peter Lassen in 1848, turned south at Goose Lake to the northern mines and
settlements of California.
Registered Historical Landmark No. 546
Plaque placed by California State Park Commission in cooperation with Modoc County Board of Supervisors and
Alturus Parlor No. 159 Native Daughters of the Golden West, July 15, 1956.