San Francisco Landmarks

San Francisco Landmark 112: Rothschild House Both Photos 5 February 2009
(Click Photos to Zoom)
San Francisco Landmark #112
Hugo Rothschild House
964 Eddy Street Between Franklin and Gough
Built 1880

This Italianate house was built for Hugo Rothschild. It stood proudly in a distinguished row of single-family residences, now gone.

Just across the street was the spectacular St. Paulus Lutheran Church, also gone.

From very early in its existence the Rothschild House appears to have been used as a rooming house then apartments. It has been rehabilitated and restored to a single family dwelling.

This is a diminished neighborhood, but it must have been lovely at its prime.

Prev | Next
San Francisco County: List | Map
California: List | Map
Visit NoeHill on Facebook Visit NoeHill on Flickr Visit NoeHill on Twitter