National Register of Historic Places in San Francisco
The Fort Miley Military Reservation on Point Lobos was acquired by the U.S. Army by condemnation from the City and County of San Francisco in 1893. The army planned to use this new acquisition as the location of gun and mortar batteries for the defense of San Francisco Bay.
These emplacements would be part of a new system of harbor defense during what historians now call the Endicott Period (1890-1905), when coastal defenses were modernized around the nation.
The reservation contains fifty-four acres located on top of the headland at an elevation of approximately 350 feet.
|Name||Year||Address||Remarks||Sort Address||Sort Name|
|Battery Chester||FI-1 and FI-2||FI001||Battery Chester|
|Battery 243||FI-4||FI004||Battery 243|
|Searchlight Powerhouse||FI-3||FI003||Searchlight Powerhouse|
|Fire Control Station||FI-350||FI350||Fire Control Station|
|Fire Control Station||FI-351||FI351||Fire Control Station|
|Fire Control Station||FI-352||FI352||Fire Control Station|
|Battery Livingston||FI-329||FI329||Battery Livingston|
|Battery Springer||FI-330||FI330||Battery Springer|
|Ordnance Storehouse||FI-304||FI304||Ordnance Storehouse|
|Unidentified Earthworks||Unidentified Earthworks|