National Register of Historic Places in San Francisco
The original Calvary Presbyterian Church was built on Bush Street between Sansome and Montgomery and dedicated on January 14, 1855. The congregation had fewer than one hundred souls, but one of them was the mayor.
In 1869, a new church was built at Geary and Powell where the lobby of the St. Francis Hotel stands today. This location served until 1900, when the church was demolished and moved to its current location where it rode out the 1906 Earthquake with only minor damage.
Calvary Presbyterian Church is also San Francisco Landmark 103.