National Register of Historic Places in Santa Cruz County
The town of Felton grew steadily after the Santa Cruz Felton Railroad was completed in 1875. The economy was based on lumber and tourism.
The Presbyterian Community Church, built by volunteer carpenters on donated land, was the first permanent church building in Felton. Architecturally, the building is significant as a late 19th century vernacular country church. The arched ceiling made of pressed tin panels in a floral pattern is noteworthy.
The building served as a church until the 1950's when the congregation built a larger church. In 1956, the building was dedicated as the Faye G. Belardi Memorial Library.
Adapted from the NRHP Nomination.