Felton Covered Bridge
Built in 1892-93 and believed to be the tallest covered bridge in the country, it stood as
the only entry to Felton for 45 years. In 1937 it was retired from active service to become a
pedestrian bridge and figured prominently in many films of that period. After suffering damage
in the winter storms of 1982, it was restored to its original elegance in 1987 using native
materials and local talent.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 583
Originally registered May 17, 1957. Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and
Recreation in cooperation with Monterey Viejo chapter 1845 and Mountain Charlie Chapter 1050
oe E Clampus Vitus and the County of Santa Cruz. October 10, 1987.