South Yuba Canal Office
Headquarters for the largest network of water flumes and ditches in
the state. The South Yuba Canal Water Company was the first incorporated to supply
water for hydraulic mining. The original ditch was in use in May, 1850, and this
company office was in use from 1857 to 1880. The holdings later became part
of the vast P. G. & E. hydroelectric system.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 832
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation
with the Nevada County Historical Landmarks Commission and the California Heritage
Council. May 16, 1970.