National Register of Historic Places in Napa County
A plaque reads:
Felix Salmina arrived from Switzerland in the 1860's and in 1892 purchased this winery that had been established in 1884 by Lillian Hitchcock Coit. Felix converted the winery into a larger facility using stone quarried from nearby hills and expanded the vineyards. Initially grapes sold for $5.00 per ton and wine for 5 cents a gallon. After prohibition, Larkmead developed a reputation as "one of the outstanding wine processing plants" in the Napa Valley. It was here that Hans Kornell produced sparkling wines. In 1993 the Frank family took over the operations and continues to produce both sparkling and still wines.
Dedicated April 17, 2004
By Sam Brannan Chapter #1004
E Clampus Vitus