National Register #89000855
F.W. Andreasen - John Rossen House
Port Kenyon Road and Bush Street
This two hundred acre historic district contains two contributing buildings, the house and the barn. The house is largely hidden from view by dense
landscaping surrounding the property.
The following is from the paperback book Ferndale, written by the Ferndale Museum for the Images of America series published
by Arcadia Publishing:
The "Skim Milk House" was the nickname given to the Frands Wilhelm Andreasen home in Port Kenyon. Andreasen, a Dane, purchased skim milk and
fed it to his pigs as a sideline to his dairy business. The house was completed in 1901, but the family lived there for only ten
years before moving to Berkeley, where Andreasen worked for the California State Dairy Bureau. The house, with its double parlor, servants'
quarters, stained glass, and interior finishing touches, has been lovingly maintained to this day.