National Register of Historic Places in Contra Costa County
The Port Costa School, built in 1912, succeeded two earlier schools which were demolished. From 1912 until 1966 when it closed, it was the only school in town.
Port Costa is an unincorporated township with a population of 250 and few monumental buildings. The Port Costa School is the largest public building in town.
The Classical Revival building was designed by William Wilde, an architect who came to this country in 1907 from Copenhagen, Denmark. By 1908, Wilde was in practice in San Francisco.
To learn about the restoration of this building, please visit the web page: Welcome to the Port Costa School.