National Register #78000654
Ygnacio Peralta House
AKA Alts Mira Club House
561 Lafayette Avenue
The Ygnacio Peralta House is owned by the Alta Mira Club. The following information is quoted from
The Ygnacio Peralta Home [is built on land that] was part of the "Rancho de San Antonio",
an area of land... granted to Ygnacio Peralta's father, Don Louis Maria Peralta, by the Governor of Alta California in 1820.
The father divided this land between his four sons in 1842.
The house was built in 1860 for Ygnacio Peralta by his son-in-law, William P.Toler. It was the first brick house in Alameda County, and
was originally sited on forty acres of land with a palm-lined horseshoe drive and gardens that fronted on East 14th Street. The house belonged
to the Peralta family until 1875, when it was sold by the widowed Senora Peralta to A. C. Peachey. Peachy was an attorney and professor from
Virginia and added an extensive wooden addition to the house....
In 1926 the house was planned for demolition in order to develop a residential subdivision. The Alta Mira Club, founded in 1907, purchased
the Home to serve as its Club House and has preserved it since. The Peralta Home is available to the public for cultural and educational
programs and private events.