Chapelle Sainte Roseline was built in 1200 in the Provençal Romanesque style. Prior to the French Revolution, it was owned by several religious orders including the Templers, Benedictines and Carthusians.
During the Revolution the chapel was deconsecrated.
Today, as the Château de Sainte Roseline, the buildings stand in a private vineyard. The monastery buildings are closed to the public, but part of the abbey is a wine shop and tasting room.
Roseline was born in 1263 to an aristocratic family.
A generous child, she would hide bread in her apron and carry it to the peasants. When her father apprehended her one day and demanded that she open her apron, roses fell to the ground. This "Miracle of the Roses" and the later "Meal of the Angels" are two miracles which contributed to her beatification by Pope Pius IX in 1851. In English, she is known as Saint Rosalina of Villeneuve.
In 1278, Roseline became a Carthusian nun. She died in 1329 at the age of 66. She was exhumed five years later, intact and with open eyes, and she has lain in the chapel ever since. Her eyes were removed and preserved separately.
According to the authoritative website Saints.SQPN.com:
Blessed Rosalina of Villeneuve had frequent visions, the gift of reading hearts, and other mystical phenomena. Her brother Hélian fought and was captured in the Crusades. Legend says he was freed from his chains and led safely home across the seas by a vision of Rosalina who appeared to him in a cloud of roses.
And according to the Catholic Encyclopedia "many visions together with extraordinary austerities and great power over demons are ascribed to her."
Her resting place is a destination for pilgrims and a site of miracles.