National Register #82004142
121 Southwest Temple Street
Salt Lake City
The following is quoted from the Structure/Site Information Form prepared by the Historic Preservation Research Office of the
Utah State Historical Society.
The Hotel Albert is significant because as one of a number of hotels built in SLC's business district about 1910, it reflects the
impact of the railroad on the city. It is also significant because of its architectural integrity.
This four-story brick hotel and store was built for Albert Fisher in 1909 at an estimated cost of $100,000. The hotel operated as
the Albert Hotel until 1912 when it became the Hotel Shelton. It remained the Shelton through the mid-1920's; by the
mid-1930's it was the Whitehouse Hotel and accommodated Ruths beauty parlor as well. By the mid-1940's the Reid Hotel and the Capri
Italian Restaurant occupied the building.
View the National Register Nomination Form
and accompanying photographs for the Hotel Albert.