National Register of Historic Places in Stanislaus County
The marker reads:Riverbank Historical Museum
This building was constructed in 1921 by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation and served as a public library. In 1996, it was placed into the National Register of Historic Places. The history of our community is preserved in this museum by the Riverbank Historical Society.
Dedicated February 2, 1997
E Clampus Vitus
Estanislao Chapter No. 58
Noble Grand Humbug
Among the last of the Carnegie library buildings to be completed in California was Riverbank's in September of 1921. Santa Cruz-East Side (no longer standing) also was completed in September, and Orosi followed in November.
The Yolo, Orosi and Riverbank buildings are extant.
Excerpted from the NRHP nomination dated 12 September 1996.
Some Carnegie Free Libraries in California: