1852 - 1858
On this ground there was established Oct 16 1852 a military post by companies A and B First United States Dragoons.
From April 23 1853 until June 23 1858 the date of its abandonment this fort was garrisoned by Company E 4th US Infantry.
Named in honor of Colonel Roger Jones, Brevet Major General [and] and the Adjutant General of the Army 1825 - 52.
Dedicated this 14th day of July 1946 to the officers and men who served here among whom were Sgts James Bryan
and John Griffin and Pvt Gundor Salverson who upon their discharge became pioneer settlers of this valley.
Erected in their memory by the County of Siskiyou