National Register of Historic Places in San Mateo County
The New Sequoia Theater, designed by San Francisco architects Reid & Reid with a Gothic Revival exterior and a Moorish interior, opened on January 5, 1929. Although designed primarily for motion pictures, the theater had a pipe organ and a stage for Vaudeville. Additional glamour was provided by the projection of moving clouds and stars on the ceiling.
In October 1929, Fox West Coast purchased the theater and continued to operate it as a movie theater. The theater changed owners in 1998, and after interior renovation it reopened in 2002 as the Fox and the Little Fox.