California Historical Landmarks in San Mateo County
California Historical Landmark 907
Five Miles North of Woodside
This country estate was begun in 1915 for Mr. and Mrs. William B. Bourn II. Architect Willis Polk designed a modified Georgian style country house. Subsequently the carriage house and garden pavilion were executed by Arthur Brown. The formal gardens were created by Bruce Porter. In 1937 the estate was acquired by Mr. and Mrs. William P. Roth.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 907
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the National Trust for Historic Preservation and with the Filoli Center.
This property was given by Mrs. William P. Roth and family to the National Trust for Historic Preservation in October 1975.
Filoli is also National Register Listing #75000479.