California Historical Landmarks in San Mateo County
California Historical Landmark 846
Burlingame Railroad Station
290 California Drive at Burlingame Avenue
This first permanent building in the Mission Revival style of architecture was designed by George H. Howard and J. B. Mathison and financed by local residents and the Southern Pacific Railroad. It opened for service on October 10, 1894. The roof used 18th-century tiles from the Mission San Antonio de Padua at Jolon and the Mission Dolores Asistencia at San Mateo.
California Registered Historical Landmark No. 864
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the San Mateo County Historical Association and the Society of California Pioneers, May 22, 1971.
The Burlingame Railroad Station is also National Register Listing 78000769.