California Almond Growers Exchange
Almond Processing Facility
The California Almond Growers Exchange, founded in 1910, was the first successful grower-owned cooperative
for marketing California almonds. It pioneered in many fields, including almond production, mechanization and
marketing. The first structure on this property was built in 1915 and was designed to mechanize almond processing.
This shelling plant was one of the earliest structures of its type, and contained the world's first
California Registered Landmark No. 967
Plaque placed by the State Department of Parks and Recreation in Cooperation with the California Almond
Growers Exchange, November 15, 1985.