National Register #84002075
Yerington Grammar School
120 North California Street
A plaque on the building reads:
Construction began in the spring of 1912 and was completed in September at a cost of $16,600.00. The school opened for the
1912-13 school year with an enrollment of 130 students. Later, in 1935, it was enlarged on the rear and continued as a school
until 1980. It has been vacant and boarded up until now. It will live again as the Yerington Cultural Center in the future.
It is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Dedicated this 27th day of July 1996 by Snow-Shoe Thomson Chapter #1827
E Clampus Vitus