Soscol House - 1855
Built by Elijah True at the junction of the county road from
Napa city and the Old Ferry Road, now Soscol, which served the
Suscol ferry crossing at the Napa River west of here.
The thriving transportation center developed here from the
stagecoach and wagon traffic was called Suscol; taking that name from the Patwin
Indian village site located on the banks of Suscol Creek east of
this place at State Highway No. 29.
Moved March 1978 to this site and refurbishing completed by H.&M.
Carroll, December 1979.
Dedicated by Sam Brannan Chapter 1004
E Clampu Vitus
March 19, 1983