Winship Building 1888
When E.A. Winship arrived from Minneapolis in 1887, it became clear that he was a gentleman and that he had money to invest. In March 1888, he
purchased this site for $15,000 and announced plans for a brick building. This building, designed by Luther M. Turton, is one of the most notable of its time. In
quality of design and location in the heart of town, it recalls the excitement of the period and the promise that it held.
Sam Brannan Chapter No. 1004
E Clampus Vitus, March 21, 1987