Death Valley Junction
This historic crossroad has been used by Indians, Clampers, Death Valley 49ers, ranchers, farmers,
settlers and tourists. The town was originally called Amargosa. In 1907, the name was changed to Death
Valley Junction. At this junction, the Tonopah & Tidewater Railroad
connected with the Las Vegas - Tonopah Railroad to service the Ryan and Lilac C. Borax Mines near Ryan during the years 1914 - 28.
Death Valley Junction had rail service until 1940. At it's [sic] peak, the town had a population of 300. Today, the town
is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Plaque Placed By Billy Holcomb, Joaquin Murrieta, Slim Princess and John P. Squibob Chapters
of E Clampus Vitus
October 29, 1983