National Register of Historic Places in Butte County
In 1874 W. W. Durham built a spacious new home a quarter mile east of the Central Pacific railroad tracks for himself and his bride, Minnie Van Ness Durham. The house served as home and headquarters for Durham's successful farming endeavors from its completion until his death in January 1907, a period generally matching the height of the community's early growth.
The house is the only extant building associated with Durham. It is Italianate in style and remains in its original location.
The character of the setting has changed, as it is no longer headquarters for a large working ranch. All the original outbuildings - including the water tower, animal pens, and granary - are gone, some lost to fire and others torn down to make way for orchards.
Source: NRHP Nomination Form submitted in 1992.